For individuals located outside South Africa, please note that Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd is a South African based Company. If you use our services, all information including personal information, will be transferred to Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd in South Africa as described in this Policy.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate.
We collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with our services as advertised. We only collect and use the minimum personal information we need in order to provide and improve our services.
The personal information that we may collect from you is categorised as follows:
- Name and contact information (e.g., address; phone number; email, fax);
- Billing Information (e.g., bank account, billing contact information)
- Order Information (e.g., current order/purchase information, purchase history, shipping details).
- Travel Information (e.g., booking numbers, passport information, flight numbers, travel details)
- Company/employer information
- Geographic or location information
- Information contained in posts you make on the public forums and interactive features of the
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us.
We collect your personal information through direct interactions with you and when you:
- Complete forms, sign up for an account, or subscribe or register to access or use our services.
- Enter promotional competitions or complete surveys.
- Post comments or content on our Platforms.
- Buy one of our products or services.
- Contact us.
Collection of User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on the Service, including your comments and any other information that you would like to be available on the Service, which may become public (“User Generated Content”). If you post User Generated Content, all of the information that you post will be available to authorized personnel of Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store archives of any User Generated Content on our servers to make use of them in connection with the Service. If you submit a review, recommendation, endorsement, or other User Generated Content through the Service, or through other websites including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Yelp, Trip Advisor, Instore comment cards, and other similar channels, we may share that review, recommendation, endorsement or content publicly on the Service.
What are the sources of personal information collected by Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd?
When providing personal information to us as described in this Policy, that personal information is collected directly from you, and you will know the precise personal information being collected by us. Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd does not collect personal information from any other sources, except where it may automatically be collected as described in the section titled “Cookies, Device Data”, and how it is Used, if the information in that section is considered personal information.
Why does Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd collect your personal information?
- to administer the Service to you;
- to respond to your requests, reviews.
- to distribute communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as system updates or information about your use of the Service;
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes;
- to send to your Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note that you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials
- in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained, if necessary.
Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd does not sell, re-sell, or distribute for re-sale your personal information.
How do we share your Personal Information with third parties?
We will not share your personal information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature which you will specifically be able to opt-out of.
In addition, we may release personal information:
- to the extent we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable law;
- to enforce any provision of the Terms of Service, protect ourselves against any liability, defend ourselves against any claims, protect the rights, property and personal safety of any user, or protect the public welfare;
- when disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of the Service, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws
- to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law; or
- in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Direct Marketing Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by submitting a request through the following form https://lifeandbrand.co.za/popi-queries/ or by using the UNSUBSCRIBE link in any email communication you may have received. Further, you may express your communication preferences by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site [or our mobile application];
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences;
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing communications as may be required to maintain your relationship with Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd.
In addition to the communication described here, you may receive third-party marketing communications from providers we have engaged to market or promote our products and services. These third-party providers may be using communications lists they have acquired on their own, and you may have opted-in to those lists through other channels. If you no longer wish to receive emails, SMSs, or other communications from such third parties, you may need to contact that third party directly.
Retention of Data
Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary, for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Sites and/or Portals, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Cookies, Device Data, and How it is Used
When you use our Service, we may record unique identifiers associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within our Services only, and your network location. Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd uses aggregated information (such as anonymous user usage information, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream information, etc.) to improve the quality and design of our service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends. Specifically, we may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Service through:
- cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- domain name
- browser type and operating system
- web pages you view
- links you click
- IP address
- the length of time you visit the Sites, Portals, and/or Services
- the referring URL or the webpage that led you to the Sites
We may also collect information regarding application-level events, such as crashes, and associate that temporarily with your account to provide customer service. In some circumstances, we may combine this information with personal information collected from you (and third-party service providers may do so on behalf of us).
International Data Transfer
For individuals located outside South Africa, please note that Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd is a South African based company. Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd does not market to or solicit customers from outside South Africa, therefore, users of the Service should not expect to avail themselves of the rights provided under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 OF 2013. If you use the Service, all information, including personal information, will be transferred to Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd in South Africa. By using our Service, you unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information and other information to South Africa and elsewhere for the purposes and uses described in this Policy. Further, you acknowledge that Life and brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd is not subject to the GDPR or similar international privacy laws, and, therefore, you will be unable to claim the privacy rights provided in those laws.
South African Privacy Rights
- If your personal information is collected by us.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The ability to correct or delete certain personal information collected about you.
- The ability to delete all the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt-in or opt-out of direct marketing to you.
- To object to processing of your personal information, or
- Appeal any rejection of access to your personal information
You may submit a request regarding your rights under POPIA or PAIA by submitting a request through the following form https://lifeandbrand.co.za/popi-queries/ or by contacting us at one of the following: Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0214220866.
If we receive a POPIA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e., confirming identity through contact information that we have on file, and/or the contact information submitted to make the request).
Processing of Special Information.
Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd does not knowingly collect or process the special personal information such as your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origins, trade union memberships, political persuasion, health or sex life, or your criminal behaviour or biometric information.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are processing your personal information, we hope that you contact us at https://lifeandbrand.co.za/popi-queries/ in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the Republic of South Africa, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the Information Regulator at the following link: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html.
Third Party Advertisers
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry-standard and/or generally accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and confidentiality of all information submitted through the Service. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of the Service are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Service. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the Service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
The Service may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we exercise no control over linked sites and Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. Each linked site maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, and you are encouraged to view the privacy policies of these other sites before providing any personal information.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd from any and all claims arising out of or related to the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, and/or the content of such third-party sites.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18, and Life and Brand Portfolio (Pty) Ltd does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 18.
Changes to this Privacy Notice